An alkaline diet plan is pretty much a diet based on the premise that certain types of foods leave an alkaline “ash” (this ash includes elements such as calcium, copper, magnesium, iron and zinc) after consumption. These foods are known as alkaline foods and the health benefits associated with them are tremendous.
Top 10 Alkaline Diet Plan Benefits
1. A Feeling of Mental and Physical Well-being - One of the main alkaline benefits you’ll notice almost immediately is the feeling of wellness. When you start incorporating this diet plan into your everyday routine, you will notice a significant difference in the way you feel physically, mentally and even emotionally. This feeling of wellness will quickly begin to change your physiology and improve your state.
2. Higher Levels of Energy Throughout the Day – You’ll begin to notice that your energy levels are a lot higher and also remains a lot more consistent throughout the day. You’ll also find yourself becoming more productive instead of being overwhelmed and “worn out” all the time. In most cases, people tend to feel tired and lethargic (even youngsters) when their eating habits are left uncontrolled. An alkaline diet plan is extremely effective if you fall into this category.
3. Healthy Weight Loss – This is one of the most sought after benefits of the alkaline diet. Most of us look for healthy ways to lose weight. This diet is not only a great way to not only lose weight, but to also bolster our bodies ability to keep the weight from coming back.
4. Clearer Skin – Another really nice benefits of incorporating this diet plan is your skin will naturally look and feel a lot younger. It also reduces the amount of impurities that your skin needs to eliminate therefor resulting in clearer skin.
5. Less Prone to Body Aches and Pains – With a proper alkaline diet plan, you’ll soon find that you no longer suffer from the usual body aches and pains. In the olden days, only elderly people suffered from aches and pains usually in their back and in their joints. This is no longer the case in today’s world and it’s mostly due to the fact that our food and our diets have become more and more acidic over the years. An alkaline diet rich in natural minerals such as magnesium also helps to greatly reduce joint pain and inflammation as well as enhance tissue function in the body.
6. Reduced Risk of Cancer – It has been suggested time and time again that an alkaline balanced body is a lot more resistant to cancers and other abnormalities. When your body becomes slightly alkaline, your blood generally has a lot higher oxygen concentration and helps create an environment which is very hard for cancerous cells to thrive. A pH level of about 8.5 makes it almost impossible for a cancerous cell to even survive.
7. Less Prone to Diseases and Illnesses in General – The alkaline diet can also be used to treat and prevent many forms of diseases and illnesses since most of these thrive in acidic environments. The human body functions best when it’s naturally alkaline environment is not disturbed. A diet or lifestyle that is too acidic upsets this balance and introduces the body to elevated risks of life threatening ailments like strokes, cancer and diabetes. A high alkaline diet can increase the pH levels in the body and stave off such diseases and illnesses.
8. High Nutrition to Support a Healthy Lifestyle- This diet consists of alkaline foods which are generally natural foods and therefore contain high nutritional value. Since a high alkaline diet consists of natural foods, the body automatically gets a nice dose of essential minerals and vitamins in a natural form, making it easier for these macronutrients to get absorbed.
9. Overall Good Health and Vitality – Health should be top priority for just about everyone. The foods you eat every day affect your body is very big ways and this is the reason why incorporating an alkaline diet plan is extremely vital if you want to maintain good health and vitality.
10. Bodily Functions at Peak Efficiency – An alkaline diet affects your body’s pH and creates and optimal environment for your body to carry out its functions.
Alkaline Diet Live On CBS News – Is Your Health At Risk?
More Health Benefits of a High Alkaline Diet
The world is starting to slowly realize that a high alkaline diet comes with many life changing benefits. It’s quickly becoming one of the best ways to restore and maintain your health at optimal levels regardless of where you’re currently.
6 Reasons to Incorporate an Alkaline Rich Diet
1. Better Oral Health – Improved oral health is one of the benefits that you can get. As the body’s acidic level is reduced, problems such as tooth decay begin to fade leaving you with stronger and healthier teeth (and gums too).
2. Rich Magnesium Content – An alkaline rich diet contains many natural minerals such as magnesium, whjich can effectively help to reduce joint pain, inflammation, and even enhance all of the tissue functions in the body.
3. More Graceful Aging – Alkaline foods promote increased levels of oxygen in the body’s cells and helps slow down the aging process in most individuals.
4. Natural Cleanser – An alkaline rich diet containing natural and high fiber foods can act as a powerful cleanser for revitalizing your body’s natural vitality, without requiring any herbal cleansing powders or laxatives. However, its important to follow a good body cleansing meal plan, in order to avoid the common cleansing mistakes that most beginners make.
5. Reduce Anxiety, Headaches and Irritability - A proper acid-alkaline balanced diet helps neutralize acid imbalance in your body and reduces headaches, anxiety and irritability.
6. Eliminate Common Health Adversities – Many health adversities that people face on a regular basis including acid reflux, IBS, gout, constipation, indigestion and even lethargy tend to disappear when following a strict alkaline diet.
During digestion, your food is broken down into an ash residue, which can be acid ash or alkaline ash, depending on the food. If your diet consists of more alkaline foods than acidic, alkaline ash is generated and the body gains all the benefits mentioned above.
What is an Alkaline Diet Plan Anyways?
An alkaline diet plan is quite simply a diet plan consisting of foods which are alkaline. The main components of this diet usually include foods such as vegetables, fruits and various “super foods” (like spirulina and wheat grass). A more important aspect of this diet plan is not foods you eat, but the foods that you don’t eat (what you eat doesn’t matter as much). In other words, in order to successfully follow this diet plan, you’ll have to start avoiding acid-producing foods such as sugar, salt, starch and pretty much all processed foods. Even alcohol and caffeine should be eliminated if you want to make the most out of this diet.
Western Eating Habits
Acid Ash Diet
A typical western diet is composed of big chunks of meat, starchy foods, dairy, alcohol, sugar, caffeine and saturated fats – just what the body would need to build up an unfriendly acidic environment. While many food experts agree that starches and proteins are important for every diet, high quantities of these really do not help you. You would fare much better if incorporated high quantities of fresh alkaline fruits and veggies instead. The best way to balance alkaline foods with acid ash foods is to follow a 70:30 ratio in favor of alkaline.
An acidic diet is bad for your health and it can make your body vulnerable to many diseases. Research has even shown that cancer cells multiply faster in acidic environments. An alkaline plan is pretty much the opposite of an acidic diet and it’s an excellent way to quickly improve your health tremendously.
Foods to Include in an Alkaline Diet Plan
Most fruits and veggies when consumed in their natural state are alkaline in nature. Alkaline foods come in many forms. Some of the super foods on the list include grapefruits, lime, avocado, tomatoes, olive oil and soy. Beets, radish, cucumbers, kaley, wheatgrass/barley powder and white navy beans are also great options.
Drinking 2/3 liters of alkalized water on a regular basis can also help restore proper pH balance in your body. Steaming is the recommended method as cooking extensively can alter the natural form of the food while also destroying important nutrients and enzymes.
You should now understand that an alkaline diet plan is one of the best things you can do for your body regardless of what your current situation is. If you don’t already have one, we recommend you set one up as soon as possible and let us know how it works out for you. We recommend checking out “The Acid Alkaline Balance Diet” by Emma Deangela.
Emma has been in the natural health industry as a health and diet researcher for over 6 years. She’s also the author of several best-selling, natural health and dieting books, which have helped improve the lives of many people all around the world.